This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Flat 6, Bank House, Falmouth, Cornwall
With fascinating views of the harbour, this first floor flat makes a fantastic base for your seaside self-catering holiday at any time of the year.
Adjacent to the town centre and National Maritime Museum. Only 10 minutes walk to the beach.
The apartment, which sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms, is well-equipped.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone +44 (0) 1305 257 274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full details about the apartment will be either e-mailed or posted to you prior to your arrival
- Planning your trip, either by car or public transport, can be done via the website www.traveline.info. The nearest train station is 5 minutes walk.
- Alternatively a map is available here.
Key Collection, Welcome & Car Parking
- The keys are available at the property and are located in a secure, coded safe.
- At the front of the property is a driveway to allow unloading.
- Parking is to the rear of the property, which is accessed through an electronically operated gate.
- There is parking for 2 cars. One in the garage, one in front of the garage.
Entrance to Property
- The property is entered via the main front door, up 7 steps, into the inner communal lobby, via a secure coded door entry system.
- Once in the inner lobby the keys can be accessed.
- From the inner lobby a key opening door leads to the stairs to the first floor. There are 13 then 8 steps with a 180deg turn half way.
- On the first floor landing the flat is accessed, via another small lobby, via a key opening door.
- At all points there is movement activated lighting. All doors have automatic closers.
- Minimum access width, in the communal areas is 30ins/760mm).
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- Once in the flat the accommodation is on one level. Accessed from a main passageway, which is carpeted.
- All doors, in the flat, have an minimum access width of 28ins/710mm.
- The lounge and dining area are combined and face the road, with views of the harbour.
- There is an "L" shaped sofa and another armchair.
- The lounge is carpeted.
- The kitchen is located off the lounge/diner, again facing the road.
- The modern kitchen is fully equipped with under-surface (height 30ins/760mm) fridge, freezer, oven and dishwasher.
- The hob is located on the tiled work surface.
- The microwave is wall mounted (Max height 63ins/1600mm).
- The boiler and washer/drier are located in a cupboard.
- The floor is wood laminate.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All bedrooms are located at the rear of the property.
- The master bedroom has a king size bed. Double wardrobe, two chests of drawers and two bedside units with touch lights. Both sides of the bed are easily accessed. Off the bedroom is a shower room. Carpets.
- The second bedroom has a double bed. Adequate wardrobe and drawers are provided. Bedside units with lights. One side of the bed has a narrow (12ins/300mm) access. Carpets.
- The third bedroom has a single bed, only accessible from one side. Combination wardrobe/drawer unit. Bedside unit with touch light. Carpets.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets
- The main bathroom has a bath, with shower over (there is a fully opening shower screen) and close coupled WC. Wall mirror. Mirrored bathroom cabinet (Both Min height 54ins/1370mm). Extractor. Tiled floor.
- The master bedroom en-suite has a large tray shower (27ins/680mm x 46ins/1107mm) with a 20ins/510mm access door, close coupled WC. Mirror (Min height 54ins/1370mm) Extractor. Tiled floor.
- Both of the bathrooms are located internally and have no windows.
- All linen and towels are provided. NOT beach towels.
- No feathered pillows or duvets are used.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- There is NO SMOKING anywhere in the building or grounds.
- No telephone is provided. However, there is free Internet access available via a WiFi link.
- The flat is painted in pale colours with bright paintings or photographs.
- The flat has Georgian style, single glazed, casement windows, with a minimum window-sill height of 15ins/380mm (Double bedroom). 26ins/660mm in lounge.
- Address (inc postcode)
- Flat 6 Bank House
- +44 (0) 1305 257 274
- Local Public Transport
- Train and bus service to Falmouth. Local taxis, bus service and shuttle bus around the town. Local river boat services.